In addition to the common equipment needed in synthesis of fine chemicals, Synthelia possesses several flow reactors and offers Flow Chemistry Services to our clients. Flow reactors are mainly used in the reactions that require extreme conditions such as very high (or very low) temperatures or very high pressures, and can provide results when traditional chemistry fails due to harsh process conditions.
Flow chemistry offers several advantages over traditional batch chemistry:
- Safer Reactions: use of small quantities of reagents or intermediates during a reaction minimizes risks associated with handling of large amounts of potentially dangerous reagents or conditions in a batch reactor.
- Reaction Conditions Impossible in Batch: working in batch is mainly limited by pressure and temperature.
- Faster Reactions: intensification of the conditions allows speeding up a reaction.
- Cleaner Products: due to shorter reaction times, formation of by-products related to reaction time is minimized.
- Continuous Analysis: process can be monitored by continuous sampling or by integrating an in-line React IR.
- Fast Reaction Optimization: variation of parameters is fast and easy and each condition can be tested in minutes.
- Scale-Up easy and robust: due to small variability of the parameters when changing to a larger reactor, the scale up is easy and can be done with minimal modifications.